Tutorial 3 Error

Hello Everyone,

so im following this tutorial but i can’t quit get my OnPickUp_implementation function correct, which prevent me from debugging.
here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPn4N3ckP8I

I’ve double check the names and such i can’t see my error… (Code Attached)

im so new to the programming in UE4 im not new to C++ so im kinda lost here…

if anyone would suggest another good learning start would be so grateful.



i don’t see any link on your tutorial.

I don’t really understand your problem.

Comparing your screenshot with the Tutorial i only see, that you need to write

void OnPickUp();

in the .h File and than you can go and write

void APickup::OnPickUp_Implementation()
// There is no...

Into your .cpp file.

If you get an error, please post the error/log file. (:

sorry the screenshot was just me testing removing the Blueprintnativeevent and the _Implementation…
but i had them on as shown below with the error log, im not sure how to file the error log but i hope this one is what u asked for :-

Error	1	error : In Pickup: Unknown variable specifier

‘catogery’ C:\Users\Haroon\Documents\Unreal
Projects\LearningProcess\Source\LearningProcess\Public\Pickup.h 16 1 LearningProcess
Error 2 error code: 2 C:\Users\Haroon\Documents\Unreal
Projects\LearningProcess\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\Error LearningProcess
Error 3 error MSB3073: The command ““C:\Program Files\Unreal
Engine\4.3\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat” LearningProcessEditor Win64 DebugGame
-rocket” exited with code -1. C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V120\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets 38 5 LearningProcess

![alt text][2]

i also get this while running the project in the UE4 Launcher


Access violation - code c0000005 (first/second chance not available)

Fatal error!

UE4Editor_Engine + 9049160 bytes
UE4Editor_Engine + 2395910 bytes
UE4Editor_CoreUObject + 1001061 bytes
UE4Editor_CoreUObject + 1170269 bytes
UE4Editor_CoreUObject + 731562 bytes
UE4Editor!TBaseMulticastDelegate_NoParams::Broadcast() + 128 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.3\engine\source\runtime\core\public\delegates\delegatesignatureimpl.inl:1852]
UE4Editor!FEngineLoop::AppPreExit() + 353 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.3\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:2529]
UE4Editor!FEngineLoop::Exit() + 278 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.3\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:1944]
UE4Editor!GuardedMain() + 529 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.3\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:144]
UE4Editor!GuardedMainWrapper() + 26 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.3\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:125]
UE4Editor!WinMain() + 249 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.3\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:207]
UE4Editor!__tmainCRTStartup() + 329 bytes [f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c:618]

I can’t see the screenshots. Only the one that has a link and there you didn’t wrote

void APickup::OnPickUp_Implementation()

in you .cpp file.

i can’t get much out of these errors :confused:

Is there more of the first error?

On the bIsActive variable in your header file, the UPROPERTY macro has a typo - catogery instead of Category. Does that fix allow you to compile?

uhh sorry with the photo …
the 1st error is just saying that there were build error then i get this:-
Note: i already wrote the _Implementation there but it still underlines it with red …


i uploaded the photo in imageshack.us just in case ^^

sorry for the disturbance,

even thou i Quad-checked it D:.

though it still doesn’t fix my problem , it wont allow me to compile yet …

One step closer! :slight_smile:

What error are you getting now?

i still get the same compilation error and the same errors in the description,
the ones i posted here :- http://po.st/QQK7jh back there ^^

I’m not sure how this will Help but i made a new project and new name for the Actor and the project itself hoping it would be different this time,
but instead i get errors on the main codes likes the #include and TSubobjectPrt and stuff…
here is a picture…


Please show us the errors after you fixed the “catogery” mistake (: Even if they are the same.
And the second picture with your new project got an error at the USphereComponent line. The “S” of Sphere must be capital.
But please lets stay with the first version.
Fix the spelling mistake Lauren Ridge found and show us new picture of the errors and/or the log file. (:

We will get this working again (:

So i’ve solved the problem i managed to build and run the debug successfuly but i don’t quit get to understand what was wrong with it…

what i did is just made a new project and rewrote everything and it worked…
even though i get a red line under the OnPickUp_Implementation part…

here is a photo with the correct Code:-