Turn-Based jRPG Template

The asset has been updated! New version changes:

• Gold
  • Misc items
  • Item vendor

I have added gold and misc items to BP_JRPGPlayerController. Enemies can drop misc items and gold.

Every item has a price variable now.

Divided items UI into 2 category. Showing usable items or misc items based on the category.

Added item vendor NPC for buying and selling items.

• Show all party members in explore mode (Requires NavMesh)
  • Explore skills
  • Skill requirements for interactions

I have added an option to show all party members in explore mode. It is an enum in “BP_jRPGPlayerController” blueprint. Navigation mesh is needed for this to work. (Clicking TAB, left control or left - right bumper on the gamepad will possess other characters that are in the party)

Player units can have explore skills now. These skills might be required to interact with some objects.

Interactable objects can have requirements. For example, a chest can be locked and can only be opened if the current explore character has a certain explore skill like Lockpicking. Characters that don’t have this skill won’t be able to open the chest.

Hi @PhoenixMarket,
I’m very interested in purchasing this template, it looks amazing!

I just have 2 questions:

1. Are you planning to implement an Equipment system?
  2. Are you planning to implement a quest system?

Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

@AviramBenshimol Hi there. I just released the equipment system :slight_smile:
I will add Quest system to my To-Do list. Join the Discord Server to get notification about the updates.
Discord: Turn-Based jRPG Template

• Player unit classes
  • Equipment system

Each player unit will have a class now (mage, archer, etc…) These are needed because different classes will be able to wear different equipment.

Equipment gives stats and skills (Battle & Explore skills).

Added Equipment UI where player can manage which unit wears what equipment.

Modified character UI to show stats and equipment of the selected unit.

• Equipment Mesh

Add static mesh or skeletal mesh for the 3D model of the equipment that will be shown when the player unit puts the equipment on.

Skeletal mesh of the unit can also be changed depending on the equipment worn.

Have a look at Section 3.9 Equipment Mesh in documentation for more info about this update.

Have fun!

• Quest system

Added new menu button to show active and completed quests.
Added base classes for Hunting Quest and Item Quests
Added NPC to get and deliver quests.

Small improvements like:
Menu buttons can be cycled when navigating from up or down.
Chests can give gold.

• Quest system improvements

Added isRepeatable boolean variable for the quests to make them repeatable.
Added requiredQuests variable for the quests to make them unavailable until the player completes the quests in this list.
BP_QuestNPCBase now has a list of quests instead of just one.
Moved quest logic code from BP_QuestNPC to BP_QuestNPCBase blueprint but if you want to do custom stuff, you can always override the events.

The asset is 25% OFF for a limited time!

Marketplace:
https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp…-jrpg-template

• Crafting system
  • Turn order UI
  • Buffs
  • Animation Blueprints

Added BP_CraftItemBase blueprint to create an item based on chance when player has enough materials in inventory.

Added new interactable called BP_ForgeBase for player to interact and craft items.

Added UI during battle to show unit attack order. (Can be disabled from BP_BattleController)

Added BP_BuffBase blueprint that can be added to any skill which will give the target unit buff / debuff for some time (Turn count or seconds based on turn type). Check documentation to know more about how to apply buff when using skills.

Added animation blueprints for battle units to have smoother animation blends. This change affected skill usage. Have a look at the documentation about how to use skills.

Small improvements like:

• Turn count variable for battles
  • Stun & item use animations for units

• Dynamic Input
  • Off level battle
  • Enemy pawns in explore mode

Removed all the hard coded inputs and added them to Project Settings -> Inputs. (Documentation Section 4.6)

Added BP_UIBase widget to be the base class for widgets that requires player input. (Documentation Section 3.20)

Added BP_OffLevelBattle which is a new battle that can be used in a battle level. (Documentation Section 4.1)

Added an option for the battles to start in a different level. Check Battle Level in the template project. (Documentation Section 4.1.1)

Added passive and aggressive enemy explore pawns. Passive enemies walk around and starts the battle when player interacts. Aggressive enemies chase the player if the player is in range and starts the battle automatically when they are close to the player. (Documentation Section 3.15)

Small improvements like:

• Enemy spawn data changes

Removed the enemy spawn data from Enemy Spawn Location and added to the battle itself and to enemy explore pawns.
Therefore, You will need to re-set enemies for the battles after this update.

What can you tell me about how to convert it to ATB active time battle type battle system?

ATB feature is enabled by default.