Hello UE4 community,
My company and I are trying to finish up our current project that we have had on going for the past couple of weeks. It is going to be a open world horde game. We’re going to be publishing the game on steam and we have contacted steam with the demo to get the game published on the market. We need to finish up the game mechanics and we’re looking someone else to hop aboard to help us finish the game. Unfortunately, we will not be paying anyone as we are low on funds from me purchasing all the packs and custom assets but we will be giving people 5% royalty from sales, obviously a free copy of the game, TuFTech t-shirt along with some of the games merchandise.
We’re currently using Skype to share ideas and work on the project together along with a google doc where everyone from the team can view/edit.
Our major weakness right now is setting up the repo, git, version control. We would appreciate any help given towards completing this objective.
Here is a quick list of completed and non completed mechanics of the game.
This is a list of the completed mechanics so far:
- Pick up items
- Hip fire with weapons
- Scope in with weapons
- Switch weapons
- Health Bar
- Energy Bar
- Main menu (Change settings, audio, lobby (invite friends or solo)
- In game menu ( leave game, quit game, change settings, kick player)
- Night and day mode (24 hour clock)
- Round survival counter
- Pick up food, restores health and some energy.
Here is a list of mechanics that we need finished off:
- Throw grenades, etc.
- Switch seats while in car.
- Car has inventory.
- Shoot while in car.
- First or third person view in car.
- Car has fuel and health.
- Car takes damage if impacted into debris or zombies.
- Revive downed teammates with med packs
- Share Ammo with team.
- Switch weapons with team.
- In game text chat.
- In game voice chat hear them to make it more realistic.
- Open Doors
- Zombies have different attacks
- Lay prone
- Mantle over walls, debris, etc.
- Drop items
- First person and third person view
The current packs we own:
Modular building set
Post Apocalyptic World
Military Props Pack
Military Pack Part 1
Vehicle Pack Vol. 1, 5 civil cars, new
Sewers & Underground Modular
universal sound effects