TSR feedback thread

@Guillaume.Abadie

I once pointed out problems in game trailers you ended up dismissing as youtube compression.

This trailer is perfect example showing in inadequacy of TSR’s design. These issues are present in many games, but this is undeniable Temporal faulting on video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6hAzFqWSSQ&t=140s&ab_channel=SILENTHILL(Official)

The res is so high they introduce major performance issues in a game where panning is the main interaction and it destroys modern monitors with persistence blur.

1:18: Leaves, so bad.
3:25: Long ghosting on clubbing object.
4:19 (hair)This is why a frame limit is so serious.
5:15 that girls hair looks like a slimy mess.

Now, the motion smear from fast motion isn’t going to be exposed by the main/slow gameplay. A frame limit and more effective sampling in a shorter sequence would prevent most of these issues.

I’ve already given detials responses of how TSR could be improved here, here. So far the best thing about TSR is the reprojection and ability to sort spatial upscaled N- frames.

I’m not sure how many spatial upscalers you’ve tested. But FSR1 performance is more accurate in terms of texture detail when compared to DLSS performance with only 2 frames of resolve.

You also need to move away from FXAA. Really poor quality.