TSR feedback thread

I’m really impressed to hear it used a TAA implementation. It looked amazing and I already mentioned I didn’t even like temporal AA!
Does the Valley of the Ancient have the exact Console Command Cvars used in that showcase from Epic? If so, I’ll take the time to download the 100GB monster demo lol just to get the temporal parameters.
"Lumen in the Land of Nanite” Release Request - #42 by Bladerskb ------

If Valley of the Ancient lacks that steller implementation used in the first demo (LLN) and if LLN If it can’t be released, I would appreciate a release of an in-depth documentation of all the project’s Temporal Console Cvars variables used. As well as the usf parameters?

The Lumen in the land of Nanite just used vanilla TAAU, the exact same implementation as in 5.0 Early-Access on its default settings.

Only r.Tonemapper.Sharpen=0.5 was set to mitigate the amount of nanite details loss we were getting due to how TAA works.

I don’t know much about the .usf’s, is there anything I would need to activate in that file of my engine or was this automatically turned on in 5.2 ? Niagara rocks and animals looked great in Land of Lumen(LLN). Even though it cut down on the Nanite detail it’s really great because it pretty much eliminated everything controversial about TAA.
It would be extremely great to provide that quality TAA in our projects.

AA_DYNAMIC_ANTIGHOST has been enabled by default in TAA since 2016 in UE 4.15. :upside_down_face:

Can you explain what low MP/s are and how it relates to TSR’s quality? I don’t remember coming across that in the documentations.

So this what that stat tsr coming in 5.2 and accompaniying doc will describe, but I atteched you here a PDF of the draft of the new 5.2 documetnation section that explains this part.

stat tsr doc draft.pdf (2.8 MB)

2: The person who was incharge of recording and uploading the Tekken 8 reveal trailer to Youtube was VASTLY better than the people recording and uploading the the recent/post TGA Tekken 8 trailers ever since. Maybe the first uploading used a video encoding less susceptible to Youtube compression?

But would reason 2 explain why the action looks so fuzzy? 4K on youtube is supposed to reduce that artifacting but it still looks bad?
4K on the Tekken 8 reveal trailer had almost zero youtube artifacting?

I truly appreciate your enthusiasm about image quality and I relate very much as it is literally my bread and butter. :wink: However I believe that speculating on why image compression may or may not show up on a online video isn’t the goal of this thread.

I would like to take this opportunity to make sure the goal of this forum thread remains as intended about healthy and respectful feedback on what you think of TSR, and most importantly where are the weaknesses that affect your project with concrete illustration to improve in future release of Unreal Engine.

1 Like