Hi, I’m new to Unreal and maybe I’m not tackling this the right away but here goes.
- imported an FBX of a car to Unreal (no animation)
- It comes in as separate static meshes as I expected
- Assigned newly created Materials in unreal to car static meshes and it’s working fine.
*Now here’s the part I’m stumped on…
- I animate that same car hierarchy in Maya, bake out the animation and export FBX.
- Import animated car fbx into Unreal
- It brings in 4 new nodes to the Content Browser:Car Skeletal Mesh, Car Anim Sequence, Car Physics Asset, and a skeleton
- Verified that car is animated after dropping anim sequence on to the car skeletal mesh. playback is animated.
Here’s the big question…
How do I target my animation on to my lookdev’d car from step #3?
I’m probably over complicating this, maybe there’s a better way.