Trying to make a different side scroller, need help.

Hi,

I’ve been trying to get this working for two days and I’m sort of at a loss about how to do this.

First of all, I hadn’t used UE4 since the summer of last year so whatever I knew back then, I’m super rusty now.
I want to make a type of side scroller that can go left and right. The player can use the WASD or arrow keys to go left and right, and a bit up and down. The player does NOT control a character, in fact it will be a type of pet game/life sim game, so you have to be able to look around, and click on stuff, interacting with the animals. When focused on a character, the camera will also move along with them. The animals will react/look at the mouse icon when prompted to but that’s a whole other problem for later. Example : https://youtu.be/LKLjiBorCIA?t=159

I’ve tried opening a 3D side scroller project and change stuff to give it movement to an extra axis and removing jump, also removing or making the character invisible, that didn’t work. I’ve also tried to follow a tutorial that makes a RTS from scratch, changing a few things but that didn’t work either (it also focused a lot on the online aspect before even finishing the movement and camera parts).
I never managed to get the player controller to react to the movement input, and it took me a while to get it to spawn to a custom spawnpoint.