Trying to load keys of from a string table to a combobox

I’m trying to load the keys from a string table and import them into a combo box, but this does’t seem to be working

I’m trying to load the keys from a string table and import them into a combo box, but this does’t seem to be working

Oh forgot to mention, the string table is called “Preset” and saved in the same folder with the UMG

I had a similar issue working with string tables just the other day. Turns out, neither the table name (in your case ‘Preset’) nor the table namespace (the default being named after the table, so it would also be ‘Preset’) are the same as the Table Id.

The Table Id is actually the full game file path of the table, plus the table name, plus the table namespace. So something like “/Game/FolderContainingStringTable/Preset.Preset”

But that would be ridiculous to hard code. So the only method I know of getting the Table Id in Blueprints is the “Find String Table ID and Key From Text” node. You can then click the little arrow next to the text box and select your table and one of the string keys from the dropdown menu. This will auto populate the text input with a valid string from the table. Then you can plug the Table Id from the “Out Table Id” into the input of the “Get Keys from String Table” node.

There really should be an easier way, but this is the only method I could find that works.

3 Likes

That’s super strange approach but it works. Thank you!