Download

Trying to get an actor's head to follow player character

Hi, I’ve been trying to make an actor’s head follow the player character. The actor is rigged and I’ve been trying to manipulate the head bone through the anim blueprint to follow the player character but I cannot get it to work. I’ve tried looking online and found one tutorial video that I couldn’t really follow and was hoping someone could explain what I’m doing wrong. I’ve attached screenshots of the error messages and of the anim blueprint. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you all very much.

If you mean what I think you mean then Tesla, the man with the plan, did a short and sweet video on it that is super easy to follow. Not sure if this is the tutorial you already found or not but Tesla is my favourite, so I hope this helps.

Hello,
If you want that only the head of your character follows character, you’ll have to do an aim offset : Creating an Aim Offset | Unreal Engine Documentation

You don’t ‘have to’ use an aim offset. I have achieved this by rotating the bone. Once I’m home this eve I’ll try to dig out the graph and post screens.

I have come across that video but unfortunately it’s not what I was looking for. I’m trying to move the actor’s head independently from the body to look at the player character.

I would be so happy if you could show me how you achieved this!