Trying to get a staticmeshactor (pipe) to have different colors?

First off sorry if I can’t explain things that well this is only my second week in Unreal Engine. But anyways so I have a boxing ring that I have been working on and currently, I have ropes that I want to make different separate colors but whenever I go to change the color of one of the ropes I made it changes the color of all of them. I created the ropes by just using a pipe shape, apply a static mesh (rope I got from Quixel Bridge) and a leather material ( I also got from the marketplace). From there I just duplicated the item (ctrl+D) until I had enough. So now when I double-click on the element under the detail pane to bring up Albedo tint to change the color it changes the color to all of the ropes and won’t let me make each copy a different color. Any assistance is great and if need be I can try to better explain.

Hi brightgamer,

That will be because all your meshes are pointing to the same material. You’ll have to assign each of your actors a different material - or better, a material instance - they’re definitely worth looking into:

1 Like

Oh Yes! thank you so much this is what I needed

1 Like