Trouble understanding the correct syntax AppArgs of BuildPatch Tool

Hello,

I’m currently developing a game and I’m trying to integrate it with Epic Online Services (EOS). I’m having some trouble understanding the correct syntax for using the exchange code method for authentication in the AppArgs of the BuildPatch Tool.

Here’s (literally) what I’m currently putting in AppArgs:

-AppArgs='-AUTH_TYPE="ExchangeCode" -AUTH_LOGIN="Empty" -AUTH_PASSWORD="Exchange_Code_From_Launcher"'

Is this correct? If not, what should I be using instead?

Additionally, I’m using the OSS Plugin in my game. However, when a player launches the game, a dialogue appears asking for player consent to use EAS. In other games I’ve seen on the store, the consent process seems to happen automatically without any dialogue or consent request appearing. Is this related to the syntax I’m using in AppArgs? If so, what is the correct syntax?

I’ve searched all over the internet and haven’t been able to find an answer to this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

For anyone looking for an answer, I got this answer on the Developer Support Forum:

Hello, these arguments are automatically provided to the application by the Epic Games Store Launcher, and so you do not need to specify them in the BuildPatchTool.

When players purchase a game through the Epic Games Store, the application consent is implicitly granted, so the consent request is not required.

To configure this, navigate to the developer portal and view your store offers. Click ‘Edit offer’, select ‘Artifact Settings’, and then select your EAS application ID in the configuration window.

Trouble understanding the correct syntax AppArgs of BuildPatch Tool (epicgames.com)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.