Trouble Getting Damaged State to Trigger

Having trouble getting my character to transition into the damaged state and play a hurt animation when using state machine. My other states i have set up work, but for some reason i can’t get this one to play. I’ve been fiddling with it for a couple days now and im kinda stumped atm. any help would be appreciated.

Here’s the State machine, the animation in the hit node is correct.

Here’s the transition rule for returning to idle in the state machine.

And here is my blueprint for my character that i have that handles taking damage and dying.

Thank you for your time.
Coley

Hi, Coley,

Animation graphs are VERY difficult to diagnose because they are passive. Other lines of code, wherever they may be in your project, will override the instructions from the animation graph.

That said, unless someone is wiling to go through much of your code:

1. Check your other blueprints for nodes that interact with the animation blueprint.
  2. Add print strings everywhere to help you document the process.
  3. You may need to start over, carefully redoing the code and testing conditions along the way.

Good luck.

Thanks friend,

Using lots of print strings everywhere really helped me out, i just had to move around lots of code in the character blueprint, some things were firing out of order and messing everything up ,setting variables at the wrong times and breaking the rest of the process. Took a lot of arranging and rearraging but eventually i got it working in the order that i needed.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.