Download

Trouble creating C++ project in UE5 EA

Hey just submitting bug report, I’m having issues creating a c++ project in the EA for ver 5:

Running C:/Program Files/Epic Games/UE_5.0EA/Engine/Binaries/DotNET/UnrealBuildTool/UnrealBuildTool.exe -projectfiles -project=“C:/Users/ghost/Documents/Unreal Projects/MyProject2/MyProject2.uproject” -game -rocket -progress
A fatal error occurred. The required library hostfxr.dll could not be found.
If this is a self-contained application, that library should exist in [C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_5.0EA\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\UnrealBuildTool].
If this is a framework-dependent application, install the runtime in the global location [C:\Program Files\dotnet] or use the DOTNET_ROOT environment variable to specify the runtime location or register the runtime location in [HKLM\SOFTWARE\dotnet\Setup\InstalledVersions\x64\InstallLocation].

The .NET Core runtime can be found at:

1 Like

Adding onto this after installing the new .NET 5.0 SDK, I was prompted to install the .NET 3.1 Core as well:

Fixed the issue and was able to hop into compilation.

1 Like

Hi
I followed your links, and can confirm these packages allowed for a successful Win64 build. Hats off sir.

To note, I also had to add the following in the Windows environment variables :

DOTNET_ROOT = c:’‘location of dotnet 5 sdk install’’

Let the developing begin :slight_smile:

This fixed the same issue I had. UE5 created a project in blueprint configuration but not in C++ which is what I wanted. Thanks.

Interesting, I installed both the 3.1 and 5.0 SDK and rebooted yet I still cannot create a C++ project, only a blueprints project.
Also verified that both were in the global location listed in the error.

Hello,A low version C++ project cannot be upgraded to a higher version ,Can you give me some advice?