Trouble attaching a ragdolled character to a socket on another character

Hello,

I am trying to figure out how to “attach” a character that has been ragdolled with the “Set All Bodies Below Simulate Physics” and “Set Simulate Physics” functions – to another Actor in the scene (such that the ragdolled character moves with the other character but still “hangs limp” like a ragdoll).

First I should ask, is it possible? If it is, how might I go about making it work?

I am currently able to successfully attach the actor to my other character’s socket, but only if the character being attached is NOT ragdolled (or under physics simulation I guess). What is it about the ragdolled character that makes attaching the actor not work?

I will provide the working code below (but only works if not ragdolled). I read on some other posts that when a character is ragdolled, it gets “detached” from it’s parent. And that you have to re-attach it somehow. But I don’t know what this means, or what functions I need to perform to re-attach it to the parent, or what the “parent” even is.

Here is the code I have so far, that works if the actor is not ragdolled:

void UMainCharacterController1::AttachActorToFootSocket1()
{
 if (ActorToGrab1 != nullptr)
 {

// Set the enemy/actor's movement mode to "None" or to "Flying", so that the ragdoll can freely move
  // with the main character
  UCharacterMovementComponent *MainCharacterMovementComponent1 = ActorToGrab1->FindComponentByClass<UCharacterMovementComponent>();
  MainCharacterMovementComponent1->SetMovementMode(MOVE_Flying);

ActorToGrab1->AttachToActor(mainCharacterActor, FAttachmentTransformRules(EAttachmentRule::SnapToTarget, false), "AttachEnemy1");

UE_LOG(LogTemp, Warning, TEXT("The AttachActorToFootSocket1 function was run and there IS an Actor!"));
 }
 else
 {
  UE_LOG(LogTemp, Warning, TEXT("The AttachActorToFootSocket1 function was run, but no Actor!"));
 }
}

Thanks for any info.