Triggering events in the level blueprint with particles.

Hey folks, I’ve run into a bit of a snag and was hoping somebody could point me in the right direction. I’m trying to detect when a particle hits a certain surface (or trigger box) and then do something with that event like open a door. From my experimentation it doesn’t appear that the trigger boxes will detect a particle overlap. Whats the right way to accomplish this?

If you add the particle to the level blueprint, you can do Assign OnParticleCollide_Event for example. You could also add an Event Generator to the particle and see if you can make that send events to the game/blueprint.

That said, it depends what kind of particle you got. You could also consider not handling everything through the particle. For example my meteor system uses an actual mesh for to guide the particles. And it is that mesh that triggers stuff. You could use an invisible mesh to or other type of component to trigger stuff also.

Oooo, thanks! I see action with this. Any thoughts on determining if the collision point was inside of a target box?