Triggering breakpoints on SpawnActor

I’m trying to spawn an actor (AMyTrigger), which has a UBoxComponent for overlap events, from another actor (AMyMainActor). But when I call SpawnActor (in AMyMainActor), engine code triggers some breakpoints and if I skip all of them my overlap events will not work.

The simplified version of my code:

// In AMyMainActor:
AMyTrigger* pMyTriggerActor = GetWorld()->SpawnActor<AMyTrigger>();

// In AMyTrigger constructor:
pTriggerBox = CreateDefaultSubobject<UBoxComponent>(MakeUniqueObjectName(this, UBoxComponent::StaticClass(), "Trigger"));
pTriggerBox->SetupAttachment(RootComponent);
pTriggerBox->SetCollisionEnabled(ECollisionEnabled::QueryOnly);
pTriggerBox->SetGenerateOverlapEvents(true);
pTriggerBox->BodyInstance.SetCollisionProfileName(TEXT("OverlapAll"));

// In AMyTrigger::BeginPlay()
Super::BeginPlay();

pTriggerBox->OnComponentBeginOverlap.AddDynamic(this, &AMyTrigger::OnBeginOverlap);
pTriggerBox->OnComponentEndOverlap.AddDynamic(this, &AMyTrigger::OnEndOverlap);

// My overlap functions (copy-pasted from docs):
UFUNCTION()
void OnBeginOverlap(UPrimitiveComponent* OverlappedComp, AActor* OtherActor, UPrimitiveComponent* OtherComp, int32 OtherBodyIndex, bool bFromSweep, const FHitResult& SweepResult);

UFUNCTION()
void OnEndOverlap(UPrimitiveComponent* OverlappedComp, AActor* OtherActor, UPrimitiveComponent* OtherComp, int32 OtherBodyIndex);

I can provide more code just tell me what you need to see because I can’t understand why it’s so hard.

Eyo,

Are you building from source engine?
Can you provide any more information on where the code break, check the callstack or just the error message :slight_smile:

Old Tips that might not matter anymore:
I normally have a habit of checking for a nullptr in the constructor after “CreateDefaultSubobject”.