Trigger Firing Randomly?

Hi,

I’ve got a chain of triggers in my map, one of which (Tbox99) seems to fire randomly, I’ve tested the game a dozen or so times and it plays as expected for most of the time but everynow and again it seems to fire without any reason and prior to the player making contact with it?

First 2 images of the same beginoverlap event for trigger 98 and the 3rd image is the beginoverlap for trigger 99.

Would appreciate some help.

Hi Franktech,

It’s absolutely driving me nuts as it seems to be intermittent and works fine 90% of the time.

Can you please explain your suggestion as I’m afraid I don’t really understand what you mean.

The player location is changed using a “set actor location and rotation” node but not respawned as such.

I really appreciate your help.

Hi Franktech,

Its getting past the first branch I’ve got some print strings in there that flags up when its being fired but thats all I can make out.

how do I log the value of other actor?

The player has nothing attached to it, theres no other spawn events in the map.

For some reason (I’ve tried fault finding it using both PrintStr and Breaks, but made absolutely NO changes) and it seems to work, can I please ask if you’d kindly look at the code to see what might be causing this and if you can spot it I can avoid it in the future.

I’d really appreciate your help.

I’ve used a chain of triggers, so one trigger is moved into position after the last has been triggered and consequently removed.

Trigger98In.jpg the last image, is the code that calls the problem trigger (trigger 98) into position, BeginOverlapTrigger98A.jpg and BeginOverlapTrigger98B.jpg is the same chunk of code and is the beginoverlap for trigger98, whereas BeginOverlapTrigger99.jpg is the next trigger in the chain and thrown in for good measure

Trigger98In.jpg

It’s been put together using my limited level of understanding and coding ability tbh!

I need to try the console window > show volumes though.

Logic is this put trigger in game >> on user activating trigger move it out >> put next trigger in

The triggers need to move as the game only has a single small physical environment (16M2)that must be kept the same, however the player must navigate to certain areas within it, each of these are goals that the player needs to complete continuously.

Thats why we need to move both player location and trigger position.

Hope that helps.

I appreciate the help thankyou!

Thanks again Frank!

I’ll be sure to look into all this, very much appreciated!