Trigger event with other collision

I want to trigger the speed on the character not on the box collision. I know I have to delete that box but I want to keep it.
The question is the only trigger the speed is the box collision that attach to sword not the character. How to change it?

1 Like

I read it 3 times and I don’t know what you’re trying to do. Maybe it’s because I’ve yet to have a 2nd coffee.

What I imagine is that you want to change the speed of the character after you interact with the box collision? Does this make sense? I can see more than one box collision there, too. One on the pillar and one on the sword?

yes I try to change the speed.
when the character near that cylinder it trigger the speed but the box sword collision that trigger not the character. I want to keep that and I don’t want to delete. I just want to change it. But don’t know how

It’s somewhat hard to advise as I don’t think I fully grasp the scope of what is needed. But if you literally wanted to:

when the character near that cylinder it trigger the speed but the box sword collision that trigger not the character.

When the character’s sword starts overlapping with a Cylinder Boost Speed (your class may have a different name → cast to that instead), set a new Walk Speed for the character’s movement component.

I try that step before I post here but that not I want.
I want to post a picture but there a limit for new user.
The box sword collision that already have mesh is make it trigger not the character that already provide starter content.
The thing I want to trigger is the character starter content not the sword and I want to keep that box sword collision ( for stuff) and don’t want to delete because I know that the solution.
I believe there must other solution.

vs

The thing I want to trigger is the character starter content not the sword

The problem is that what you say is contradicting and I simply do not understand it. :frowning: I feel you’re already using Google Translate because the spelling is perfect but for some reason GT butchers what you’re saying.

I want to post a picture but there a limit for new user.

I may be wrong but I think you can add 1 picture per post. You just cannot insert more than 1 pic into a single post.

Perhaps try explaining it in simplified bullet points, it sometimes helps, for example:

• the character has a sword with collision
  • there is a pillar with collision
  • when the character’s sword touches the pillar, the character can move faster for 10s

Ah…Sorry
I will do that in the future

• the character have sword with collision

• when the character near the pillar, it trigger thanks to sword with collision

• But! it not the the character

• the speed its kinda depends since I want to play it later

• The pillar (which I call BP_Dummy) is blueprint

• I want to put something later. So please ignore it.

I hope this explain

So this is what my example does.

• But! it not the the character

What does it mean? What is not the character?

• the speed its kinda depends since I want to play it later

You want to Delay when the speed boost happens. As in, touch the Dummy now and apply the speed later? How?

What does it mean? What is not the character?

• Because the thing is trigger is the sword but not the character.

• I want the character is trigger not the sword

• I already ‘cast to’ in BP_Dummy blueprint and the result is still same

• I know this selfish but I don’t want to delete the sword collision

You want to Delay when the speed boost happens. As in, touch the Dummy now and apply the speed later? How?

• That’s…not I want :sweat_smile:

• The max speed node is already enough. I just want to play around the max walk speed later

Use the capsule to trigger the collision:

I try that and the result is still same

sorry the low quality plus the filter

It triggers, seems to work. I do not understand what you need. What is supposed to happen?

I try that and the result is still same

I thought you wanted the character to be able to move faster… and now they can. Do you want them to start running automatically?

It triggers, seems to work. I do not understand what you need. What is supposed to happen?

• yes it work but the sword that trigger it.

• the character is not.

• I believe when the sword collision is near, the print string is show

• I want the character is near, the print string is show not the sword

Do you want them to start running automatically?

Nope

Perhaps the way you observe it is not accurate, because it should not:

These 2 seems to trigger separately:

You can also set the collision details to be able to trigger a specific thing and ignore something else. But this seems to work fine out of the box.

Is there anything else about your project that we should know? Are the settings of the sword collision / dummy modified in a specific way?

the last part is I really want. (the option to specific to trigger)
thank you.

So…If I don’t you use the last part how to do it?

It does not seem necessary here for what you want - I did not modify anything. But if you want to learn more advanced stuff about collision (because it will be useful later), have a look here:

And you can add new channels:

Do note that this is only necessary if you want to script something more specific. If the 2nd animation I posted is what you need to happen, you do not need change the collision settings.

1 Like

I see…
Thank you for your help

1 Like