Trigger Box being fired by objects not overlapping

Note: It is the box you see in the picture that is supposed to set off the trigger and yes it is the box and only the box that is setting it off. The debug text in the upper left proves without a doubt that it is only the boxes setting off the trigger. The trigger is rigged to only be able to fire when it is a box overlapping it. So when you see text in the upper left that means the box triggered it and yes I know their not overlapping. That’s why I’m on here asking about it lol. I’m sorry I failed to mention that. XD

So I have the oddest bug in my project I have ever seen and it’s so odd that I am absolutely at a loss as to how I could possibly resolve this. My trigger fires twice when I have it in place, once several feet before it reaches the trigger and again after it actually overlaps the trigger and yet both times the Overlap event is firing. The assembly line moves along the x axis, as long as the trigger is sharing a z axis that would make it seem as though it were sitting on that x axis from the side view then it will still trigger as though it were being triggered before it reaches the trigger if it were actually on the x axis. If I move it along the x axis this premature firing of the trigger box stays consistent, it still triggers at the same distance away from the trigger box regardless of it’s location along the x axis.

I hope I explained that good enough for someone to offer a solution.
Update: I added tags and a check so that the sound only plays if the item has that tag and that didn’t fix it.

I’m a little confused ( also ). Presumably (1) is the trigger, what is (2)?

If you look at the pictures I posted when I posted this you’ll see boxes sitting on an assembly line. The boxes are what will enter the trigger causing a sound to play. I have the boxes tagged as they are spawned. They then move along a spline, the assembly line runs along the x axis of world space. so if I place a trigger along that spline I can move it only in the x axis and I will be moving it down the assembly line. The boxes set off this overlap event with the trigger well before it reaches it, this distance which is about 290 cm’s away from the trigger remains consistent. If I move the trigger further down the assembly line the box will still set off the trigger about 290 cm’s away. If I move the trigger off the assembly line only on the y axis it will still have the same x location and z location and the box will still set the trigger off when it’s about 290 cm’s away.
Sorry I didn’t mention that in my description, appreciate you taking the time to try and help

Use print string to see what’s colliding, the debugger is not reliable for that.

Using ‘on component overlap’ will fire multiple times for one overlap, you have to cope with that using a DoOnce.

If you want a nice clean overlap, try using ‘BeginOverlap’, but you can only use that if this box is the only collision volume in the blueprint ( you can have as many collision volumes as you want, but BeginOverlap considers the entire BP ).

That keeps it from playing twice but it’s still playing before it ever reaches it. If you were to place 4 boxes side by side and moved it straight towards it the last box furthest away would be triggered when it reached the first box…that’s how far away the box is when it triggers the overlap event.

Yes I know for a fact that the box you see on the assembly line is in fact what’s triggering it. I know this for a fact, if you look up in the upper left of the image you’ll see it’s printing out the name of it and I cross checked it in the world outliner and turns out it is in fact that box that is no where near it that is in fact triggering the overlap without ever overlapping it.

god I’m so confused right now. the trigger only has one collider. That’s what you see in the image

It always triggers the overlap from that exact distance away, no matter how small or large or where at along it’s path I place it. The boxes always trigger it from that exact distance away from the trigger. I can even move the trigger to where it’s not on the spline and it still triggers it.

Here is an example of what I mean. The box still triggers it as though it were on the spline, If I move it up or down too far it will stop triggering it but as long as it’s at the same z location I can move it anywhere along the y axis and it still triggers it…

I get it.

After all this, I really have no idea.

If you want to put a minimal level together so I can download it from somewhere, I will take look. This sounds like a very specific thing.

Right, so what is actually triggering it? Did you print that out?

Yeah, I did start this off as a 2D platformer and decided to go full 3D but I’m not sure if that’s the issue. Unless it effected a project setting I can’t imagine how it would be causing this. I’ll try to recreate it outside of my current project and see