TRASHCLASS compile errors when overriding custom events

Hi BananasGoMoo,

I’m sorry that it’s been a few days. We were able to investigate this further and it’s fixed in our latest internal build. You will see this working properly in a future update.

Unfortunately, we weren’t able to find a workaround for issue in current released versions of editor.

Thanks,

TJ

thanks! that’s great that it’s fixed. Will it be in next update? Or are you not sure?

It would be great if it could make it into 4.10.1

I would also like to see this fixed in 4.10.1. It also causes my packaging to fail.

I had same issue in editor - when I recompiled all affected BPs it went away - unfortunately it’s still present in standalone build - that’s why my game is now working correclty only in editor. I hope that fix that was mentioned below fixes that as well.

We experienced same problem, over and over again for months.
Really hope to see it fixed in upcoming update.
Thank You for solving this.

still getting this in 4.10.2, any chance for an appearance in 4.11?

Hi Morieris,

4.11 Preview 4 is currently out for testing purposes. If you like, please feel free to convert a ‘copy’ of your project to that build and test if this is fixed for you or not.

Keep in mind that it is not final release and doesn’t include all of fixes yet. It’s meant for testing purposes only.

On 4.11 P4.
“Error This blueprint (self) is not a TRASHCLASS_Piece_224, therefore ’ Target ’ must have a connection.”.
Error appears after modify parent class, and recompile his children.
After restart editor, all files compile successful.

Sometimes, on compile, editors crashing. Log:

[2016.02.06-11.50.20:045][468]BlueprintLog: New page: Compile Piece
Fatal error: [File:/Users/build/BuildFarm/build_++UE4+Release-4.11/Engine/Source/Runtime/Engine/Private/BlueprintGeneratedClass.cpp] [Line: 131] 
UBlueprintGeneratedClass::GetAuthoritativeClass: ClassGeneratedBy is null. class '/Engine/Transient.TRASHCLASS_Piece_224'

Traceback: [link text][1]

Some variables:

77559-screen+shot+2016-02-06+at+1.56.23+pm.png

Hi exoteg,

Thanks for trying this in 4.11 P4. As I mentioned above, it’s possible that fix for this won’t be included until official 4.11 release.

It fixed errors in project I received from BananasGoMoo. Hopefully it will fix issue for everyone else as well.

Hi everyone. We have same issue in 4.10.2. So is it fixed in 4.11.2? Dont really wanna to moving next version (and have potential conversion troubles) if this issue still not fixed. Ty.

I am unsure if issue has been fixed in any of newer versions, but I resolved this by simply recreating my class hierarchy from scratch, and not using any Events. Events are functions that have no return value, so I just added a dummy return value for any function that didn’t explicitly need one. Works fine now. It’s a pain, yes, but you can abate it by duplicating member variables, methods, etc. before copy-pasting actual blueprint structure.

Best of luck.

ty… will try. We have only 2 bluprints with this issue so its not so much pain at all :wink:

Yes it’s fixed in 4.11.2. It was main reason why I upgraded. Without fix my game was playable only in editor.

I’m having a similar issue in 4.12.5 still.

LogBlueprint:Error: [compiler MyPlayerController] Error  current value (/Engine/Transient.TRASH_Default__MyFuncLib_C_0) of  ' Target ' pin is invalid: /Engine/Transient.TRASH_Default__MyFuncLib_C_0 isn't a MyFuncLib_C (specified on pin self)

Can we get a JIRA link to issue, or has it already been “resolved”?

Hi Divo,

A JIRA wasn’t created for this issue because by time we got a repro case, it was already fixed internally. At least it was fixed in project that BananasGoMoo sent me. I just checked it again in 4.12.5 and it no longer has errors.

However, if you are seeing these now, could you upload a small 4.12.5 test project for me to look at? I was never able to reproduce them from a new project on our side.