Translation in game increased APK size

Hello guys.

I’m having a problem when I put a few words translation (UMG) into my game from English to Portuguese.

Before I put the translation my game contains 41mb apk size, but after I put the translation of 10 words my apk size goes to 47mb. Is it really correct to raise both the apk size because of a simple translation?

Now I’m trying to remove the translation to go back to 41mb apk size, but I can not get it anymore, even deleting the translation and the new files in the folder my game continues with 47mb.

What can I do? I’m almost ready to update my game on google play and there was this problem.

Thank you very much in advance.

Hello AleCard,

I just got around to having time to test this myself using a fresh project but I’m not seeing any size differences. To explain what I did:

1. Created a new blank Blueprint project
  2. Added a blueprint with a few Text variables and gave them some values
  3. Packaged Android for ETC-1 for the first time here as a “control” case.
  4. After checking the size, enabled the Localization Dashboard
  5. Added English as my native culture and then added Japanese as a secondary
  6. Set Gather Text from Packages to gather from Content to get the blueprint I created
  7. Gathered text
  8. Exported the text to edit it in poedit, added translations, imported the text
  9. Ensured that the translations were working correctly in Standalone game
  10. Packaged Android for ETC-1 again

After doing this, both of the APKs were the same size I didn’t notice any differences. Can you try reproducing the problem you’re seeing in a new project and ensure that it is the translations that are adding this size?

We haven’t heard from you in a while, AleCard. Are you still experiencing this issue? If so, what were the results of testing what I mentioned? In the meantime, I’ll be marking this issue as resolved for tracking purposes.