I’m having a problem when I put a few words translation (UMG) into my game from English to Portuguese.
Before I put the translation my game contains 41mb apk size, but after I put the translation of 10 words my apk size goes to 47mb. Is it really correct to raise both the apk size because of a simple translation?
Now I’m trying to remove the translation to go back to 41mb apk size, but I can not get it anymore, even deleting the translation and the new files in the folder my game continues with 47mb.
What can I do? I’m almost ready to update my game on google play and there was this problem.
Thank you very much in advance.
I just got around to having time to test this myself using a fresh project but I’m not seeing any size differences. To explain what I did:
- Created a new blank Blueprint project
- Added a blueprint with a few Text variables and gave them some values
- Packaged Android for ETC-1 for the first time here as a “control” case.
- After checking the size, enabled the Localization Dashboard
- Added English as my native culture and then added Japanese as a secondary
- Set Gather Text from Packages to gather from Content to get the blueprint I created
- Gathered text
- Exported the text to edit it in poedit, added translations, imported the text
- Ensured that the translations were working correctly in Standalone game
- Packaged Android for ETC-1 again
After doing this, both of the APKs were the same size I didn’t notice any differences. Can you try reproducing the problem you’re seeing in a new project and ensure that it is the translations that are adding this size?
We haven’t heard from you in a while, AleCard. Are you still experiencing this issue? If so, what were the results of testing what I mentioned? In the meantime, I’ll be marking this issue as resolved for tracking purposes.