The tool mutated into the editor mode plugin, and now can be distributed without a pain. Since this is the editor mode, the only place we can use this, is level editor viewport. And, in most cases, this is axactly where we want to.
Full list of features:
- Preserve child transform
- Duplicate with transform (Works outside the editor mode too!)
- Arcball rotation
- Arcball handles scale
- Arcball appearance options
- Translation and scale gizmos applies deltas locally
- Center pivot based on selection bounding box
- Editor preferences for cros session settings save
- Choose whether to rotate objects around gizmo pivot or its own pivots
- Key bindings
See the intro video
Another video where you can see no difference between rotations in editor and maya
Read an article on 80lvl
Read the docs
Treat this post as general discussion place, ask anything, report bugs, request new features! Or hit me a direct message on my facebook page
The tool will be available on marketplace soon.
Check out demo of my pal Alex where he utilizes transform tool and his magnificentplugin to animate a character inside the editor! Character rig is ideal example where “classic” transform gizmo indispensable. I highly recommend to check out allrightrig plugin if anyone haven’t seen it yet!!!