Transfering UE4 project to another PC

Hi, my PC will get repaired so i want to save my project that i am currently working on, so i wanted to copy it on my second pc, i have tested to open the project but i think that my second PC is not good enough, and so the project crashes. So i want to ask if you can copy your project folders on a usb stick and then reopen it back on a new PC, if UE4 is installed with he right version?

You can Zip your project from within UE4. Then take that archived file to your new PC. No plugins or saves will be zipped just the necessary files.

1 Like

What do you mean with saves? does that not mean that i need to redo everything?

1 Like

By saves I mean save game files if you have made any for your project. You will not lose any progress on your project.

1 Like

I am sorry, but i still don’t quite understand, does this mean like in-game player progress will not be saved?

1 Like

Have you implemented save game system in your game? If not then nothing to worry about. If you have and have some save games in your project folder that you’d like to keep then just transfer the files manually.

You can just copy the project folder to your new PC. It doesn’t matter. Zipping is just a cleaner approach.

1 Like

Okey, thank you for taking the time to respond!