Transfering sequencer and cameras to another project

Hi guys,
here is my latest unreal engine 5 project, As you can see I have used 20 cameras and 2 camera rails.
I have all these cameras in one single level sequencer. How can I transfer these cameras with sequencer saved keys into another scene?

Replying to an old topic but someone may find it useful as there’s little info on some of it.

You can load any sequencer in any level and you can migrate one to another project.

If you need cameras or assets to load into a level that they don’t currently exist in, then while in the original level with the sequencer loaded, right click on the asset in the track list and select ‘convert to spawn able’ this will make them belong to the sequencer if they don’t already. (I think convert to possessable is the opposite of this).

To migrate, find the sequencer asset in the content browser and right click, go to 'asset actions, export, migrate etc…

To load the sequencer in another level, open the level, locate the sequencer in the content browser, double click on it to load it, this will load it but all the actor references will be broken as they will be referencing the level they were added in. (unless they’re spawned by the sequencer)

To fix this, go to the spanner icon, go to ‘advanced’ and then ‘fix actor references’. This will look for actors that match and reassign them.

Now, you need to save the sequencer as a new name if you want the original to still work in the level that it came from, so, click the spanner icon again, and select ‘save as’ and choose a new name for it.

You then need to make sure that the level knows this is the sequencer it should load as default next time. In the outliner on the right, search for ‘sequencer’, select the sequencer actor and assign the level sequencer asset in the details panel.

You can also load a sequencer inside another sequencer, to do this click the ‘+ Track’ button in the sequencer you want to add it to, and select ‘subsequence track’, on the track, click the ‘+’ icon and select the sequencer to add. This will add it as a block. If you need to go into it, double click on the block. To get back to the main sequence click the tab on the top right of the sequencer.

Also, useful to know, you can copy tracks from the subsequence directly into the main sequence, by right clicking on the track on the left hand side, and selecting ‘copy’, then go back to the main sequence, and right click somewhere on the track list and select ‘paste’.

Now that I’ve gone over that, if anyone knows if there’s a way to dissolve the subsequence track so that both are combined within one sequencer without a subsequence, that would be useful to know (I’m not sure it’s possible).

1 Like

JVAD3D, I watched your video, I like your use of insects, they give the environment a bit of life, what did you use to do these?

Hi @Origenic
Thanks for your reply.
I created the insects by using a simple Niagara system.
I just changed the Niagara particles material to another material that emit light.

1 Like