This is fairly advanced (to me) so I am asking if there is any better approach, ready code sample etc…
Basically this is what I am planning to do:-
- External app (Application A) is executed which subsequently execute another application B (Unreal Application).
- B will have SceneCapture2D so that the render target content is rendered onto a texture.
- B will also have staging texture map into this texture so that image bits are accessed fast (at 60hz or at least 30hz).
- The image bits will then be passed to Application A via memory map.
- Application A will decode this into a bitmap and then display it on a child window.
I am not entirely sure whether (3) is needed. And if there is a sample code, it is highly appreciated. I have never done staging texture programming, and working sample code definitely helps.
The whole process (1-5) is probably quite lengthy. What I am trying to do is external app which displays the 3d unreal content in a child window, so you can see B will keep passing rtt to A at 30/60hz and application B render window will be resized to (1,1) pixels. There is no need for render window, as we are interested in only the RTT.