Training Stream - Game Ready AI, Part 7 - Jan 5th, 2016

WHAT
In this multi-part series, and show you how to use all of the relevant systems and features (Behavior Trees, EQS, Navigation Meshes, AnimBlueprints, AnimMontages, and more) to design, create, and optimize AI for use in a game environment with all of the requirements and restrictions that go along with that.

In Part 7, and will diverge a bit and talk about the Dialog System in Unreal Engine 4, by giving the all the Actors in the project context so they can be referenced by the system.

Part 6

WHEN
Tuesday, Jan 5th @ 2:00PM-3:00PM ET - Countdown

WHERE
www.twitch.tv/unrealengineWHO

• Sr Training Content Creator
  • Community Manager ]()

Feel free to ask any questions on the topic in the thread below, and remember, while we try to give attention to all inquiries, it’s not always possible to answer’s questions as they come up. This is especially true for off-topic requests, as it’s rather likely that we don’t have the appropriate person around to answer. Thanks for understanding!

Books mentioned in the stream:
Game AI Pro - wrote a chapter in this one covering the previous incarnation of EQS used in Bullet Storm

Game AI Pro 2

Previous streams:

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 5
Part 6

Archive:

Excellent. Really stoked to see you guys taking this project so far. When the series is done, the YouTube VODs will make a fantastic resource for folks who need help with AI. Thanks for continuing to do these training streams!

Thanks Nick! That’s what we’re hoping people will do with these. That and learn how we debug our projects haha

Hey guys, i realized only now i have a little issue with arrows in AIS_PlayerPawn blueprint, as you can see from the pictures below if i play the level in viewport or standalone game the arrows are visible but if i use “Launch Game” or “Package Project” the arrows dissapears, you can “see” the arrows when you move the pawn but is like they have a transparent material, any idea on why it happen?

Play in viewport or Standalone Game

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Play in Launch Game or Package Project

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Hey guys, I have been re-following this stream and when it comes to adding in the sound cues, I can’t find them in the engine content, is there any you guys can post them so i can add them in?

Thanks a bunch, I can’t believe how much you guys are pumping out.

Many Thanks.