Training Stream - Creating a Twin-Stick Shooter - Feb. 3rd, 2015

Thanks for the the update. I think most of us are just excited for it, and hoping it wasn’t doomed to fall by the wayside.

An update regarding the availability of this project?

It’s on the way, it just went through a localization, which is one of the final steps. Should be up soon.

Twin Stick Shooter is now available as “SillyGeo” in the Learn tab of the launcher!

Awesome ! May I ask why you used a Character instead of a Pawn for the Player ?

It was done so they could use a Character Movement component for calculating the player’s velocity.

Oh, I see. Would it be possible to do it with a Pawn that wouldn’t have the Character Movement component ? I tried and I have issues with the rotation :frowning:

How do you go about making this work in multiplayer, ive started to try and do but on the server side it starts for a breef second looking right then it dosent use the topdown cam and dosent spawn to other clients, the client side is fine exept it dosent have momevment, ive tried authority on server and client in the character and movement, spawning stuff as well as making sure some things are taged as replicate, it just dosent work well… im begining to think the way the game has been put together just wont work for multilayer.

also when running as dedicated server, and running two clients, i see 2 ships which is correct, so it partly dose it…

How easy would it be to move this from a plane to 3d space? :slight_smile: