Training Stream - Creating a 2D Side-Scroller, Part 2 - June 9th, 2015

Amazing video Alan ! Can’t wait for part 3 !

Will we have a part 3?

Just wanted to pop in and say that I can’t wait to see a part 3 in this series.
, you are the man!

thanks aloooooooot . we are wate for part 3.

can u do stares also .

sory for bad english

Great work Alan! Looking forward to part 3 !

I’m loving this series! This is my first venture into Unreal Engine, and I’m learning so much!

I do have one issue, though. I’m on 4.10, and the Add Impulse function no longer has the ability to select only X:

https://photos-1.dropbox.com/t/2/AAAvXEUXXi2Q7XiMXxlpnnk0Fzphllgvb0UbyLDzGqjnIg/12/13422277/png/32x32/1/_/1/2/Screenshot%202016-01-06%2018.33.54.png/EP-P_AkY0mYgAigC/j-lcePE6wZ25NFtCEQuOOv8fGRolR9Wwd14E70dm0TQ?size=1280x960&size_mode=3

Because of this, it also applies the multiplier to the Z axis. If I am facing right, it works fine, but I am facing left, it tries to push me down. Any help with working around this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much for this tutorial Alan! I am learning so much and I am looking forward to Part 3!!

Right Click on the Yellow Impulse thingy and hit Split Struct Pin

Hello,

I have gotten to the part where the character flies back when I push ‘1’, but while airborne, the sprite flips.

Can anyone give me any suggestions without having to change too much?

BTW I am using version 4.11.

Great tutorial series

Hello Alan,

Thank you for the helpful tutorials on the Paper 2D system. Your presentation has really helped me figure out UE4 after coming over from Unity. I really hope you continue this series, despite the slowdown on Paper 2D development at Epic. I think Unity has the edge in 2D, but Unreal is so strong in all areas that I am enjoying the new experience. Keep up the great work.

-David

have been tring to start making a game for many months now. Your series gave me the push i needed!
you have my biggest respect :cool:

ps! there are many many people like me who need this kind of starting push.

Alan

I have watched the video till before the shooting sprite.

The problem I am facing with the trap is this:

If I walk onto the tile, it pushes the actor back and health bar goes low and finally, he dies.

But if it jumps on the trap it pushes back, but sometimes it pushes just a little bit back near the trap, now when I press jump on the trap, it makes it stand on the trap isntead of pushing back, even when the health goes 0. It never dies unless it starts running again and touches the trap. I think it is happening because jump handler is not checking whether the health is zero or not and updating to idle on landing. I have removed the collison box from all of the trap sprites.

What can be done about it?

Great work with the series!

Anyone knows why the character doesn’t stay dead? Unless I collide with the trap one more time. Is it just in my case?

Thanks!!!

@****](https://twitter.com/) Hello , I saw your UE4 video tutorial. And I have a question about this.When my character is hit, the picture will change direction.Could you help me? Thank you very much!