Training Livestream - Lighting Techniques and Guides 2: Dynamic Light - April 4 - Live from Epic HQ

oh…I think you really just want to judge me on my bad UI Blueprinting! :slight_smile:

Is that polite way to say no? :smiley: Me and other users would find it interesting for sure, there is educational value in such projects and Asset Sharing sub-forum fits like a glove but you can share project in this thread too :stuck_out_tongue:

No, certainly not. I’m checking with to see about getting this up. Not sure when it would happen though.

Hey thanks for the stream guys. When will be the next one about Lighting Techniques?

No current plans, but I’m open to suggestions on what you or anyone else would like to see. Keeping in mind these aren’t to make you a better artist, specifically, but to demonstrate some of the lighting features in UE4 for you all. :slight_smile:

Post here and/or shoot me a PM and I’ll consider the suggestion for a future stream.

Hugely helpful, I’ve wanted to see many of these features authoritatively demonstrated for the longest time.

And those clever tricks with the cloud shadows, cave entrance, etc are awesome, thanks!

is going to host it on his website. Our asset manager doesn’t like projects that are as big as that one, so he’s being a total champ and hosting it himself.

I can’t seem to find the second lighting techniques livestream on youtube? Is it just me? I might be a bit too tired…

edit: Thanks :slight_smile: Found it on Twitch! :smiley:

It usually takes a few days, as with all the streams, before we have them up for. In the meantime you can always check it out on our Twitch channel under the past videos until it is up.

For anyone else, you can also find the assets from this stream shared here now: https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?141750-Lighting-Techniques-and-Guides-2-Dynamic-Lighting-stream-assets-from-4-4-17

It went up just last night. It’s embeded in the post now.

Hey guys, I got carried away after the light stream and i kinda made one UI for my use,
so if anyone is interested to use feel free to download and use it.
Is just widget object that you can place anywhere in your project and use it.

URL: Download

Preview:

[MENTION=8] [/MENTION] not sure if this is right place to post, but feel free to let me know if it need to be in other section.
[MENTION=4894][/MENTION] ty very much for stream both of you, very informative.

Thank you very much, for this!

I’ll try installing it on my project later today.

Hi ,

Sorry I am a newb, how can I make this widget appear on the viewport again?

Cheers

You need to download the file by that link in the post number 51, copy the file inside your project’s content folder. The asset name is the same.

Hi Nilson,

Thanks for the pointer.I did that, and It still does not appear on the viewport, do you mind guiding me step by step ?
All I have right now is just the widget blue print on the content folder inside Unreal engine 4 and I can see it on Unreal,when i double click it, it only opens the blueprint window.
Below I included the screeshot.