Training Livestream - Getting Started with Character Morph Targets - May 9 - Live from Epic HQ

Also wondering about this

@mlindborg

You have 4 targets: Smile left, smile right, frown left, frown right
and a control with 2 axes: x and y
x=0 and y=1 means control up, so both smiles turn on, if x is -1 or 1 then only one of the two smiles turns on. This is done with a simple multiplication on a clamped output of the x axis.
Same deal for y-1, just with the frowns. Now you control 2 morph targets for each side.

Thats one way of doing it.

Yeah I was more wondering about the interface. I don’t know much about UMG and I can’t figure out how to make the selection surface.

Hey, just an update. The archive is up and Ed is working on getting a version of his project out so you can deconstruct it. I’ll update the thread again when that is available.

Hey , Wondering the status of the project!

https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?145339
It’s right here! It was hiding!

Hi all, I think the download link for the example project is broken. Is there any other link available?

Hello,
I have some question regarding this.
Can we dl the project before the live?

In this you mention documentation for something called dynamic textures, for making random wrinkles etc. - I cannot find this documentation - where do I look?

@Kiwikah Inc]([Packaging Error] please I need help - Architectural and Design Visualization - Unreal Engine Forums) - you could totally save the X/Y axis points( +time? ) while you animate - and then rerun that! I would be carefull how though, you could easy end up with a huge set of data. (Does the original BP check time since last tick.)

One part of thus would be to make a fuction out of the Y/X interpetation, and taking only Y/X as input… then you could even varry the playback time. An other option would be to expand the widget to allow you to select from all availabel morphTargets … and playbacks. So you would have a morph blendspace!

you could probalby also have several heads, to compare your recordings.

I did make a very first version of this work… if interested i can try to package this and send it. I intend to rework this, so I can make a re-target/blend between the morphs available, but I am learning BP as I go along. :wink:

In general I would look into how one could do this generally… between different characters, say it should be possible re-target to the morphs for the current mesh BP to some for MB-Lab (Blender) characters. For that to work you would want to "cut out a bust of you character (in Blender or UR4) and then view the results in a Morph match system…

One feature that would be nice is a blend between say mouth-morphs, MB-Lab come with a standard set of face-poses. Blending from one to the other should show how the various targets has counter productive results. Thus one should be able to register hiracy of related morphs… a hiracy/grouping with internal resistances.

I think only the project file is corrupted, cut/paste/rename any other one to the project Folder and you will be OK.

Glad I found this thread

its weird that you show preview of a girl and the project has male 3d model