track button clicks in the WEB browser

Is it possible to track button clicks in the web-browser? the menu is made in the browser and I want to transfer the button click to unreal. In this topic, there is a way to add certain code to the browser using javascript. Is it possible to track button click events? Thanks

Hey, yes this is possible but with the limited information you have provided it’s difficult to determine the correct approach.

I think you will need a plugin for handling post and get requests or just a general http plugin with nodes to interact with external websites.

You can use a tick event and listen for a change on a website or build a better solution using event dispatcher. If you can setup a socket and listen for a socket change on either an UDP or TCP connection, it should resolve quite easily. I think a socket solution is an approach that is reasonably optimized.

2 Likes

I don’t quite understand how to implement this. Let’s say there is a site google.com, which is displayed in the web-browser. How can I make the light turn on when I press the search button?

Have you done some programming in JavaScript before?