Tracing timeline position - is it possible?

Hello and greetings everyone! :smiley:
Is it possible to trace timeline position and relate that position in to another timeline so the second one can start playing from point where the first one ended? :slight_smile:

you might want to check animation noify.

Maybe this:
Iā€™m pressing a button, timeline executes, when I release the button timeline not just stops but execute to the end and then stops. How to do that and is it even possible?
For the details, Iā€™m setting up camera bob, everything works fine but when Iā€™m slowly tapping ā€œmoveā€ button I get this stupid camera ā€œbounceā€ because timeline everytime is ending in different position and when I start walking it starts from preffered 64.
How to fix that? :open_mouth:

Version 1:
9d508aa4c878bf342c271b2cfe456f2b28a7169b.jpeg

Version 2:
457c0f18eb2075035cde7717743b74f519bd7efa.jpeg

1. No :frowning:

2. You approach for bobing is to weird.:confused:

Hmmmā€¦ I was following this tutorial. In few different threads they reffer in to that one. :eek:

Is there any easier/practical way to do that? Iā€™ll be glad for any pointers. :slight_smile:

I assume you donā€™t want to use the Finished output, so have you tried using an Event track?

1. Add Event track (!+).
  2. Give it a name so it becomes editable.
  3. Right click and add key to where you want the event to happen. I donā€™t know if it matters, but I ensure the value on the key is always set to 1. (you never know)

Your Timeline now has a new pin, in the Event Graph, with the Event track name. You should be able to use this pin to start your next timeline.

Hereā€™s an example with a cube that spins, when it changes direction it tells a ball to bounce, which in turn explodes on impact. I couldnā€™t think of anything easier to show. :stuck_out_tongue:

f7b4a6fc2586bcc5502c5cfab086ae15509f75bb.jpeg
Click on the image again after it pops up. You can then zoom in and see the blueprint.

Edit*
Ignore my weird comment ā€œBounce which explodes on bounceā€. Should be ā€œBall which explodes on bounceā€. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hmmmā€¦ but itā€™s starts from a specify part of timeline and I want to ā€œtrackā€ current position (it has 2 sec lenght, itā€™s looping while Iā€™m moving, Iā€™m releasing button and now it gets stop position and starts another timeline with the same one (position :P)).

OR:

Maybe I should track not the timeline itself but Player camera position (Set Relative Location)? :open_mouth:

I havenā€™t tried this, but looks like it should work.

Edit*
Ooops, you do of course need to activate the Set New Time input. It is possible you need to use the Sequence Node for this.

Thanks Mate! I used this and it worked nice! :slight_smile:

One more question, is it possible to implement more Set New Time and New Time nodes? I would like to connect these ^ with those:

Why dont you use Camera Shake instead of all this?

I guess you could. I may misunderstand, but maybe all you need is a shared variable for storing which timeline you are jumping from and get time from it.

Jacky may be right about using Camera Shake instead though.

That exactly what I want. Problem is I donā€™t have first idea how to bite this.
I looked at this Camera Shake but I get the same ā€œcamera bounceā€ after quickly pressing different movement button (forward, backward, strafe, run, crouch etc.). I finally got rid off it by using method with timeline, I have almost everything set up and working. One last thing to solve is this stupid ā€œbounceā€ā€¦