Sup. So I’m total zero in this programming thing, I’m more like gamedesigner, not a coder, even a bit. Working on tower defense game with classical mechanics (no roleplay or heroes stuff, just classical TD mechanics like WC3’s Green TD had). Here I’m looking for help in questions that can sound easy to you, but totally dark for me. Is there any way I can find or easily code with blueprints next things:
- Spawning monsters.
- Programming monster’s logic so they would walk from point A to point B using only Splines as a road.
- Strategic camera (top-down).
3.5. Interactive interface on the bottom of the screen (simillar to Warcraft 3 and Dota 2).
- Click on tower’s icon on game interface, than click on special platform in game field - bam, tower’s ready to fight.
- Mechanics of tower attacking monsters.
- Mechanics of tower slowing every monster in X radius.
- Mechanics of tower attacking only certain type of targets (flying).
- Mechanics of tower leaving a small damaging area after shooting a projectile (talking about magma).
- Text blocks, appearing on screen as a tutorial.
- Some of the actions (like monster spawning) should only start after clicking on particular text blocks.
- Stats for towers and monsters (HP, attack power, attack speed, etc.)
I’ve found some simmilar things in Unreal Engine 4’s StrategyGame, but as far as I saw all the programming represented in C++ code, so I was wondering is there any way to just use blueprints for this?