Touch on Windows: on second touch event problem

Hi folks,

we are working for a 22" touch panel and windows (newest drivers should be correctly installed).
There is a scene in which we orbit around an object with a camera (by swiping over the screen, or by click-dragging the mosue).

We want an event to be triggered on object click / touch, when we touch/click on the object. This is working fine with the mouse.
But when we try to trigger it with fingers on the touch panel, nothing happens. Then, when we swipe over the panel
to rotate the camera around the object, the event triggers. It does not matter, where we start to swipe (whether the finger is over the object or somewhere else). So the event is kind of delayed by one touch.

There is also an UI, so maybe it has something to do with the focus, but we can’t find the bug on our side.

It should be simple as pie…

Push.
Is there any suggestion? The bug is persistent.

Hello .

I tried reproducing this using a laptop with a touch screen but I’m not having any issues. My OnClicked event is also being triggered by touching on the screen. Can you provide a project that reproduces the issue that you’re experiencing so that I can test it?

We haven’t heard from you in a while, . Are you still experiencing this issue? If so, could you provide the information previously requested? In the meantime, I’ll be marking this issue as resolved for tracking purposes.

Hello Matthew,

excuse me for this late response. I could not provide a sample in which this bug was present. We tried to reproduce it in an empty project and we could not reproduce it like you as well. So this is an application specific bug on our side.

It seems like this issue is a focus problem. As if the actor (which has the click/touch events implemented) does not know, that he is focused yet. Only when we click into another area (which has no interaction/collision/implementation at all), the actor seems to know that he was clicked. By further clicking the actor, it lags one click behind.

It has to do something with the focus…

Unfortunately, as i said, we can’t provide a sample yet, due to confidential data. But I try to provide something unconfidential incuding this bug…

Thank you for your help!

Hello again,

we solved it! The anwer is to disable Mouse Over Events inside the Player Controller Class, we had it enabled and our testing was bad! It does indeed lead to unexpected behaviour (as far as we are expecting), but for now, this seems to resolve this problem.

Now the user can not swipe out of a trigger region, when starting inside it, without triggering it. I think this is expected and has to be explicitly handled inside the BP/code.

Thanks again for your help!