UE Editor 4.7.6
New Project with Advanced Vehicle Content
Changing the Torque Curve (in “Mechanical Setup”) does not seem to have any effect on the vehicle (buggy). I also checked “showdebug vehicle”.
Also, the editor does not urge me to compile after changes made to the Torque Curve, which is odd, except for clicking on “Reset to default” - it’s only then that the yellow ?-sign appears on the compile-button.
The other parameters I changed so far (max rpm, gears, …) do work normally.
Might be my fault since I’m new to UE.
Am I missing something?
I tried everything from slight changes to the curve to raging values and more complex curves … (and I compiled, even though UE thought it wasn’t necessary).
Thanks for your help!
Unrelated to this very issue, but related to strange Editor-behavoir:
There seems to be a bug with the gears. Happened several times already that deleting or adding gears suddenly stopped having an effect.
Then, changing the values of the gears does still work, but even though I have only 1 or even 8 gears in the editor: the buggy drives and shows exactly 5 gears (or any other state that it got “stuck” in).
E.g. the editor says, vehicle has only one gear and I change the setting of that (first and only) gear - after compiling during the test the vehicle still drives with 5 gears, however the first one got changed accordingly!
Project file seems doomed as even a UE restart doesn’t help.