スウェーデンからこんにちは!

Hi everyone! The deadline got pushed one week so I’m still looking for partners! Latest update with gameplay and new look;

初めまして! I’m バスティアン・ザコルスキー, a Swedish game designer who’s currently hustling to get a demo ready for an an arcade racing game that I will be submitting to BITSUMMIT on April 1st. 私は日本語を少しだけ話せます、でもこのポストは英語でします。

So the game I’m working on is called Aya Blaze and is inspired by the best bits from Mario Kart, Wipeout and TrackMania. I’m going for a summery and uplifting experience where the focus is high speeds and drifting. Basically it’ll feel like this;

The plan is to team up with one or a couple devs in Japan, finish the demo together, show it at BITSUMMIT, finish and release the game there, and then move to Kyoto once everything is up and running.

Here are some WIP pictures and videos. Please excuse this mixed bag of tests and sketches - it’s all coming together before submission deadline on April 1st :slight_smile:

96c837b45a43d9dde2fbdba00827dadc24178bb4.jpegblowout.jpg

7309dd0ae957fd2554b13b61f97aa55b1b5743f5.jpegforest.jpg

VIDEOS
Updated vehicle physics; AyaBlaze Gameplay Proto 2 on Vimeo
Early gameplay with my (very) old AI; Indie Game Developers IGD | Edit: I'm also looking for gamedev friends and collaborators, hit me up
FX Lookdev; Indie Game Developers IGD | Dove into particle FX today

All made using Unreal Engine 4, naturally! I can send the latest build to anyone interested as well, and you can also read the countdown to BITSUMMIT/dev blog at http://ayablaze.com/blog/.

SO! I’m working hard to have good content for the con, but since I’d like to be based in 日本 I want to get in touch with Japanese devs who think the project looks fun, and are interested in teaming up.

Ideally, I’m looking for a C++ programmer who enjoys working with AI and hopefully multiplayer/backend - but I am looking for new contacts overall.
I’d like to talk to anyone who’s interested in working together, but, here are some things I could use an extra hand with;

• Level Design
  • Environment Artist
  • Ship/Vehicle Design
  • VFX/Particles
  • Sound FX
  • Language buddies/game testing!

The submission deadline is April 1st (in 10 days), so I realize this is short notice. But hopefully, someone’s up for the challenge :slight_smile:

If you’re curious about the project, or just want to get in touch and meet up when I visit, send me a message or email me at bzxxxo@gmail.com!

Thanks! Are you based in Japan?

This is a great look!
I am the developer of Japanese. Also will go probably to BitSummit.

The Kyoto of Japan, there are many foreign developers.
If you go to BitSummit you will be able to meet with them.

初めましてとありがとうございます :) ホームページありますか?  I’d like to talk to foreign developers in Kyoto about how they handle working VISA etc., do you know if there are any online groups where I can find them? Hope to see you at Bitsummit!

Oh btw I’m keeping a dev blog at Loading... while working on the game - have a look! Here’s from today’s post;

03fd16f6cadc1c14aaab4415aa33f189faf311c9.jpeg

Hello! My name is Jetha, and I’m one of the organizers of the Kyoto Indie Meetup group; we do monthly meetings on the first Friday of each Month. If you’re on Facebook, I would recommend joining our group: Kyoto Indie Meetup but it’s really more geared towards people that are over here already. You might be able to find a collab partner though!

For job hunting and visa-related discussion, Kenji Ono of IGDA Japan runs a group more geared in that direction: Japanese Game Industry Job Hunting Supporter's Club

In general though, if you want to get a visa I’d recommend doing a working holiday and making some connections in person, rather than trying to get someone to sponsor you sight unseen. Your game looks pretty great though, I hope you get selected to present at BitSummit!

p.s. if you’re coming for BitSummit, come a few days earlier if you can. No firm details yet but there’s usually good parties around that time period.

Introducing the game developer studio of my friends.

They are based in Kyoto of Japan, many are foreigners.
Also performed organized by the Kyoto indie meetup.
Please take they contact. :slight_smile:

Hi Jetha, thank you so much for this information - golden! I’m actually in the Kyoto group but my Japanese isn’t quite there yet so I’m missing a lot of info. Working on it though.

Glad you like the game so far :slight_smile: since I don’t have any local devs with me, and the AI is on hold for now, I’m not sure I’ll be able to have everything covered on april 1st… but 頑張るね。

Here’s todays update - I can’t shut off the post processing volumes so might keep it like this…

And a GIF;
http://giphy.com/gifs/ayablaze-xThuWt6pmA4iTpra24

ええええええ great stuff!

I’ll definitely see if I can get in touch with the Kyoto group, and hopefully see you guys there!

Hi everyone! Here’s an update to celebrate BitSummit moved their deadline one week :slight_smile:

From the post at; http://ayablaze.com/blog/7-days-left-again/

Bai!