I’m making a top-down twin-stick shooter for Consoles, PC, and Mobile devices that’s a little bit like the old Grand Theft Auto games.
I’ve browsed through the Marketplace and haven’t found anything like this so here’s my request…
- Simple driving system made using Blueprints that are easy-to-update things like speed, tracking, turning radius, etc…
- Example Map with 3 very different vehicles such as a Truck, Car, and Motorcycle. This Example Map should demonstrate how the vehicles do on mountainous landscapes and jumps.
- Driving into walls damages both the vehicle and those inside the vehicle.
- Controller Controls: I’d like the left analog stick to control both speed and direction, leaving the right analog stick free for aiming.
- If your car is driving in one direction and you flick the left analog stick the other way, the vehicle skids a 180 as best it can, sometimes skidding into walls as it tries to change direction.
- Multiplayer support: Occupying vehicles with more than one player.
- Player teleports to inside the closest vehicle by pressing the “get in vehicle” button.
- No animations for getting in or out of vehicles to speed things up.
- If you’re suddenly alone in a vehicle, you become the driver.
Note that for top-down to function properly the camera angle should determine the inputs, not the pawn’s current rotation.
Extras that aren’t necessary…
- Vehicles can skid, leaving behind trails of burnt rubber if toggled on. No skid marks in the air obviously.
- Include a Speed Boat to the system.
Am I missing anything important?