Hi guys, I followed pretty rough top-down shooter tutorial wherein the end I got
- Fixed camera to the player character
- WADS movement and aiming by the mouse cursor. On the blueprint side, you get find look at rotation angle and when its value goes between -90 +90 Animation blueprint will change torso rotation. When it goes more, with some dirty hack player character will get +180 degree rotation on the Z axis.
Rotation to the character sets by even tick but with a gate which opens on shoot event.
Of course, this is an ugly implementation but I don’t have enough experience to create a better solution, so I need pieces of advice on how to create a proper solution
- “Dragged” camera movement when the player hits level borders
- Smooth character rotation an aim
- Constant player aim to the mouse cursor
I like how it was realized in old 2d game Alien Shooter and want to recreate similar movement in 3d.