Top Down Directional Movment

Currently I am trying to make a top-down shooter where the camera rotates with the player and always moves forward in the direction they are looking. Currently I have it working to they do move in the intended way. However, when it comes to rotating my character there is intense snapping/rotation of the player causing an unpredictable and unsmooth transaction getting them to rotate. I know this can be an easy fix, but after hours on searching and not coming to a solution, I am tired of guess work.

Yeah, We Need More Clarity, But No One Speaks, Engineers Must Help

Is this character usi8ng a “character” class blueprint included with the engine/

If so, filter for “Character Movement (Rotation” and you’ll get the solution to fast turning.
The vector lets you change how quickly the figure turns.
The pre-loaded 300s value is sluggish for a Humanoid(450ish) and fast for a tank(200ish).

As to weapons following a different rotation, that’s easy enough but you need to make them a component rather than part of the mesh of the character. (or you have to do it with joint-driven animation which is , TBH, far more complicated than its worth)

– Edited to add…
You can access the rotation rate inside the character blueprint.
Drag in the movement component and drag out Rotation Rate.
The Z axis is typically what you want to adjust.

353374-rotspeeds.png