Top Down camera moves to the center of the mesh

I have created a new project based on the top down template. I imported a new character mesh and set up a simple anim blueprint similar to the one that came with the template. In the TopDownCharacter BP I changed the mesh and anim blueprints for the new ones, but when I run the game, the camera is located at the center of the character instead of above and behind. I tried swapping back to the original mesh and anim bp, but the same problem is there now. There must be a setting that I changed, or need to change, but I haven’t had any luck in finding it. I have compared what I have to a new Top Down template and I can’t see any difference. Has anyone else experienced this and, if so, can you point out what I need to change? Thanks.

How does the character’s BP viewport look like? Is your camera inside the mesh?
Is your camera attached to a springarm? Is the lenght of the springarm higher than 0?

@BaronPain Sorry for taking so long to reply to your post. It turns out that UE4 was still generating the default pawn. When I sorted that out it fixed the problem. Thanks for your help.