Toon Town Gun Game

Fun project I did recently. Will probably expand it further in the coming days, with toon shader and other fun things :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Great work, Ozy! Staff pick :slight_smile: Please upload a screenshot for the thumbnail if you have one!

Been playimg this map, lots of fun. Needs some healing, or siphon imo. Also improve collision boxes on the cars so you don’t get stuck in them. Maybe they should run you over and kill you lol.

2 Likes

Hey, I played your game yesterday randomly thanks the staff pick status. I really liked the original style and colorful graphics. I felt like I was playing something inside the Lego movie if that makes any sense.

Two things stuck out to me though. The first was the scale felt small, particularly the trees. (or maybe they’re bushes in which case never mind!) But also the buildings felt like maybe they could fit three people total inside despite being multiple floors.

Related to my first point the map felt very horizontal and linear. I realized after awhile that I could mantle up some of the building but owing to their scale I never felt like I had much a vertical advantage.

I would try doubling the scale of many of your assets and dropping the number of city blocks in half, when I played I felt like I was just running through the same block over and over again. Maybe a central square or some other landmark could help players navigate the map a bit better.

Anyway, awesome effort! Just getting something this custom done and published is an accomplishment in itself. I hope you find this criticism useful and constructive. no negativity intended!

They should totally hurt you. I just assumed that and avoided them :wink:

Wow never came back to this post so didn’t read any of the replies, my bad!

I should start being more active over here…