Tons of errors when trying to build :( UE5-0

Hello, i have been working a week on my first real project and now when i try to package project for first time, i just get ton of errors and i don’t even know where to start. I have tried googling around a bit, but not found anything helpful yet. Any helpful tips are welcome!

log file in the link, because i cant upload yet with this account.

WOW - that’s not pretty - fist of all clear out the noise around texture streaming. You need to read this and enable texture streaming

Do that then repost the log - should clean things up a bit

1 Like

Thanks for the answer. Yeah, this feels very overwhelming definitely for a beginner. Enabled Virtual Texturing, but did not really help as far as i can understand the log file.

Does your machine work with a template project? Did you make those assets for get them from an outside source like the market place? If so are you sure they are Unreal 5 ready? If you are doing your first “real” project I would start with something super simple.

Ok - that’s got things cleaner - looks like only one remaining issue which is this critical error: Assertion failed: Actor->GetLevel() == this [File:D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\Level.cpp] [Line: 515]
Which I think is related to the landscape and persistent level warnings. Check that your main level is properly saved (ideally create a new one and copy your content over) and then change your project settings under maps and modes to make sure it is the Game Default map.

Did what you told. Still failed to build. Made a new simple barebones level with a only simple plane, light and a playercharachter, still failed to build.

At this point i started to experiment with new project and moving parts of content from old project there. Build was success for default starter level. This was a nice after many fails! Then tried to build with my intended level… failed… Made a new level and added main meshes, materials, foliage, ect. i used for my original level, build was success!

I quess i did not fix the original problem, but i think i’m fine with this as a starting point. As long as i can build the exe! Most of my original blueprints are also broken, but i think i can fix them. Now i quess i will remake the level from scratch, maybe continue to troubleshoot fix for my old level for a bit also. I will build often now so i will know better what is causing possible error if it comes back.

I learned my lesson, start making builds soon as possible and often, so maybe next time the error wont be so bad to troubleshoot!

Anyways huge thanks for help! Thanks to you i figured out to start mess with Game Default Map. I’m grateful that there are helpful people like you. Starting learning gamedev/game engine is definitely not easy and all help is very precious!

I’m using handful of marketplace assets, few (bad) handmade assets, but i got it now kind of working/building. Imo the project is still very simple, i’m just taking my time still learning new things mid development. :slight_smile:
I think i would have finished the project by the end of this week, but i’m remaking the (only) level so it might take a bit longer.

Hey no problem - The great thing about Unreal is that its Huge - the worst thing about Unreal is that its Huge. Easy to get lost in the early days - glad I could help.