Tokyo, Japan, a cinematic made with Unreal Engine 5

Hi guys, I created a new cinematic with different places from Tokyo, Japan, all of them rendered in Unreal Engine 5, using Lumen and Nanite in real-time, Megascans, marketplace assets, photogrammetry and my own models.

The background music was also made by me for this cinematic.

More screenshots: Artstation

I hope you like it!

31 Likes

Thanks @AntiGravity I usually use all the assets from the cinematics in different projects (Like digital twins) so, they are like my templates for other big projects.
Sure, I have a roadmap with future cinematics, suggestions are very welcome.

2 Likes

Amazing! Colors are wonderful, especially during the nature scenes.

3 Likes

@Jhosep_Chevarria , another inspired, majestic masterpiece! :fire:

You are taking us on an extraordinary world tour through your cinematics. I was expressly moved by the scenes with the Sakura trees. Your lighting is fantastic and is the high standard that we’ve come to expect in your work. We’re spoiled now, Jhosep! LOL!

How do you decide which location to showcase? What led to deciding upon Tokyo? How do you decide the best place to position the camera? The shot going up the stairs through the arched columns was incredible! :star_struck:

3 Likes

Thanks for your beautiful words @Get_DOVAH_it I really like them, I worked with Tokyo on different projects (Digital twins and simulations), and I wanted to do my best version of Tokyo with all the experience learned, a version I could show to the community. For the cameras, I saw a lot of drone videos, 360 videos (extremely useful for references and lighting) and time lapses; and the most used angles in real life were chosen, for example, for the park with the lake, Shinjuku Gyoen, the camera was located in a coffeehouse, in real life, you can also get a similar picture. There are rankings on the web, where the stairs (Hie Shrine) are one of the most liked for professional pictures. Tokyo is beautiful and colorful, is a great location for any 3D environment and concept art.

2 Likes

Wow, feeling the love put in this project when watching it. Love the bird flying, makes you feel small :grinning:

You mention these items stem from Digital twins and simulations, I’m guessing this is for urban traffic? Engineer here :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed: trying to use unreal engine for digital twins and simulation (Digital Factories) and have strong interest in this topic.

Cheers,

K

3 Likes

Hey there! Beautifully done. Every scene feels romantic and otherworldly beautiful. (Especially the cherry blossom scene!)

Thanks so much for sharing and happy developing! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Beautiful work, really well done!

2 Likes

Does any one know how this can be uploaded to the web to be made interactive to every one

好像一般啊

Incredible!!! I am in complete awe!