Unfortunately, UE4 VR developers face many simple, but annoying problems. Some of them can be fixed easely, others are more complicated.
- [done BUT] Default screen positon of debug messages (like Print String or log in C++) makes them invisible both in a headset and default spectator screen.
- [done BUT] The same problem exists for stat game, stat gpu and similar console commands. Data tables are incomplete (left half is cutted off by screen) and useless.
- VR doesn’t work in stand-alone mode, so Profiler can’t be used in most cases.
- [partially done] Forward renderer is good, but it isn’t perfect and still doesn’t support some features. It looks like Epics just dropped it after Robo Recall release.
- [done] With forward renderer enabled ambient light doesn’t work in actor blueprints viewport. It’s just annoying. Usually I need to switch to unlit mode to see any changes.