Tips on Getting Started with the Editor?

Hey All,

I hope this is in the right forum I just had a quick question…

I’m not someone who knows how to make custom static meshes, and I’m wanting to learn UE4 for level design. I’ve read that BSP brushes are really only used for basic geometry of the level, and that static meshes are used to fill in and decorate the rest of the map. If I can’t make static meshes myself, how would I go about creating a map with more content than just rooms to gun each other down in? I’ve tried googling for a static mesh library, however I haven’t found anything.

I’d be more than willing to buy some off of the marketplace and support the community but at this point I don’t know what I’d really want to buy and I don’t want to waste money on something I wouldn’t use :slight_smile:

Any other general tips would be greatly appreciated. I’m doing the tutorials and such so it’s a great place to start.

On a side note, I was really good with Build for Duke3D :cool:

Thanks,

There is a bunch of free stuff available in the learn tab, you can use all these assets in your project. There are also free Infinty Blade asset packs on the marketplace to get you started as well.

Hey thanks for the reply Steve, I’ll look into those packs. If I could buy ya a beer I would. Cheers! :slight_smile:

The free assets I’ve found on the market place are not compatible with UE4.11.