Download

Tips for Packaging on Mac?

Hey guys!

I was wondering if anyone had any tips and tricks for packaging a game on the Mac. I’m working on a fairly simple third person game (you can check it out here if you want: http://www.terralunastudios.com/) I already packaged the game on Windows (both 32 and 64-bit) and it worked perfectly. Then I copied everything over to my Mac and the package always goes terribly! The movement and tracking is all wonky, sometimes the camera gets stuck in my character’s neck and it’s hard to get out of it. The controls are all messed up. Sometimes when I press the WASD keys, the character moves, sometimes she doesn’t.

And to make matters worse, all of the audio from FMOD just isn’t there. I looked into FMOD plugin deployment, and I created a text file as described in this page, but that didn’t seem to help at all.

So my Mac build is a hot mess. I literally just copied my entire project folder from one computer to the other over Google Drive, so maybe I just moved it over in a bad way. But the game works fine when I play it in the editor. It’s just the packaged build that is really broken for some reason.

Anyways, there aren’t a whole lot of resources for Mac issues with UE4, so any insight would be a huge help!! I would really love to have a Mac version available to send to any publishers or friends on Macs. Thanks in advance everyone!

Here’s a screenshot of the game, if you’re curious. I’m really proud of it other than the Mac issues! Hahaha…

26e687_6388d351faa142e580f7ff081f212096.jpg