Tips for custom PC?

I just bought an old PC from a friend. He said it was from like 5yrs ago. So I figured with all the programs now I’ll need to switch out just about everything in it. But the motherboard is fried. So I’ll need a new one. But what I am wondering is…What are your specs? What parts are good to use? What does everyone recommend? Brands? Sites? This will be my first custom PC. Every suggestion helps.

My specs:

Intel Core i5-3570
8 GB RAM
Nvidia GTX 660 ti

Where do you live? -> e.g I have some good shops for the german speaking area :slight_smile:
Here you can find a list of specs + how they run the engine -> https://forums.unrealengine/showthread.php?20643-Official-Hardware-Performance-Survey

Your budget is one of the most important things, how fast do you want to spend?

And also what kind of games are you looking to make?

I live in the US.

Xerithas I don’t want to over do it. Because the kite demo was 10x bigger than Skyrim. I won’t go that big. So I won’t need stuff that strong. But I plan on making all types of games really. More FPS, side scroll and 3rd person. A puzzle here or there for mobile. And down the line maybe a big map like GTA or Skyrim. So I’m more like…If that’s the price for something I need then I’ll get it one way or another.

The best advice I can give is get at last two monitors.

You’ll understand once you start programming. :slight_smile:

I’ll keep that in mind. Thanks.