Download

Tips for custom PC?

I just bought an old PC from a friend. He said it was from like 5yrs ago. So I figured with all the programs now I’ll need to switch out just about everything in it. But the motherboard is fried. So I’ll need a new one. But what I am wondering is…What are your specs? What parts are good to use? What does everyone recommend? Brands? Sites? This will be my first custom PC. Every suggestion helps.

My specs:

Intel Core i5-3570
8 GB RAM
Nvidia GTX 660 ti

Where do you live? -> e.g I have some good shops for the german speaking area :slight_smile:
Here you can find a list of specs + how they run the engine -> [Official] Hardware Performance Survey - Feedback for Unreal Engine team - Unreal Engine Forums

Your budget is one of the most important things, how fast do you want to spend?

And also what kind of games are you looking to make?

fighter5347 I live in the US.

Xerithas I don’t want to over do it. Because the kite demo was 10x bigger than Skyrim. I won’t go that big. So I won’t need stuff that strong. But I plan on making all types of games really. More FPS, side scroll and 3rd person. A puzzle here or there for mobile. And down the line maybe a big map like GTA or Skyrim. So I’m more like…If that’s the price for something I need then I’ll get it one way or another.

The best advice I can give is get at last two monitors.

You’ll understand once you start programming. :slight_smile:

I’ll keep that in mind. Thanks.