Timing out only with active mods

Hey guys,

I currently host a Linux-based ARK dedicated server, and every time I add a mod either to GameUserSettings.ini or as a launch command, no-one but me can connect. Everyone else just gets Timed out after loading some of TheIsland.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

How are you doing your command line? it should look something like this:

ShooterGameServer “TheIsland?GameModIds=485964701?listen?SessionName=<server name>?ServerPassword=<password>?ServerAdminPassword=<password>”

Thanks for getting back to me, here is my command line:

#!/bin/bash
var=$(pwd)
cd $var/ShooterGame/Binaries/Linux
./ShooterGameServer ?MaxPlayers=127?ServerAdminPassword=#####?Port=#####?QueryPort=#####?RCONEnabled=True?RCONPort=#####?ServerCrosshair=True?AllowThirdPersonPlayer=True?MapPlayerLocation=True?bDisableStructureDecayPVE=True?bAllowFlyerCarryPVE=True?XPMultiplier=2.000000?DifficultyOffset=0?bDisableStructureDecayPVE=True?bAllowFlyerCarryPVE=True?StructureResistanceMultiplier=1.500000?TamingSpeedMultiplier=2?PreventDownloadItems=True?DayCycleSpeedScale=0.5?PreventDownloadItems=True?AllowsNotifyPlayerLeft=Disable?HarvestAmountMultiplier=1.2?PlayerCharacterWaterDrainMultiplier=0.8?DinoCharacterFoodDrainMultiplier=0.5?DinoCountMultiplier=1.2?SessionName=“#####”?/Game/Mods/497086514/EradicatorMod?listen?ModId=497086514?TheIsland? listen -server -log & exit

I have tried putting the mod arguments in different places in my start script. The mod does actually download on the client, and auto-subscribes to the mod. However, it simply times out when a client attempts to connect.

Always unsubscribe all the mods you use, delete the corresponding modid folders in steamapps\workshop\content\346110\ and delete the modid folders in steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Content\Mods\ and the modid file 491294771 from the folder steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Content\Mods. Then subscribe again to all mods. This makes sure all people got the updated mods (Sometimes the workshop files updater bugs)
Also make sure all the people trying to connect to the server have access to all the mods (no hidden mods).

Well, this is for Windows, but i guess this works similar on Linux.

Your main Mod goes at the beginning (/Game/Mods/496573228/HarvestingRemakeMod?listen?ModId=491294771)
All the other additional mods go after (ModId=491294771) seperated with commas (ModId=491294771,491294771,…)

My command line is:

start ShooterGameServer.exe /Game/Mods/491294771/HarvestingRemakeMod?listen?ModId=491294771?QueryPort=27015?SessionName=Higher?MaxPlayers=50?ServerPassword=####?ServerAdminPassword=####?GlobalVoiceChat=true?ServerPVE=true?NightTimeSpeedScale=2?XPMultiplier=3?TamingSpeedMultiplier=3?PlayerCharacterHealthRecoveryMultiplier=3?DinoCharacterHealthRecoveryMultiplier=3?ClampResourceHarvestDamage=false?AutoSavePeriodMinutes=10?DinoCharacterStaminaDrainMultiplier=0.8?KickIdlePlayersPeriod=0?ServerCrosshair=true?AllowThirdPersonPlayer=true?AllowsNotifyPlayerLeft=true?MapPlayerLocation=true?PlayerCharacterWaterDrainMultiplier=1?PlayerCharacterFoodDrainMultiplier=0.5?bAllowFlyerCarryPvE=true?bDisableStructureDecayPvE=true?DinoCountMultiplier=0.8? -nosteamclient -game -server -log

Look into your main mod folder and search for the *.umap file.
In my case it is the 491294771 folder with the HarvestingRemakeMod.umap
The name of this file goes here after the modid
/Game/Mods/491294771/HarvestingRemakeMod

I’ve got it to work!

• Resubscribed to the mod
  • Re-installed the mod to the server
  • Verified that the correct umaps were in place
  • Created the start script based on ordens’

Working perfectly now, thanks a lot guys.

You are welcome :slight_smile: