Timer not working in BP Object?

I’m creating objects and initializing them with an event which should create a timer to simulate tick for tickable BP objects, but the timer doesn’t appear to function. Is this a bug or just something not supported?

It’s pretty simple so I’m not sure why this isn’t working. They’re being created from within an actor component. The initialized text does output, but not the tick text.

If BP_Projectile inherits from Object it could be garbage collected if nothing is holding a reference to it.

It seems here two objects are being created but only a reference to the second one is being stored.

It could be kept alive by creating the object directly to a variable, and use it to run CustomEvent, then copy the reference to the set.

Also if the print node cannot get a reference to World it will do nothing.

Setting it into a variable doesn’t appear to solve it. Looks like it’s not possible without making a new base C++ class that overrides GetWorld as the UObject has no world context.

Seams like there’s a few other posts like the above, but they’re quite old so guess I was hoping this had finally got improved. Would be great if tickable uobject was exposed to BP as well. I don’t need a full blown actor so everything available is overkill.

Aha, got it.

Need to use “Construct Object from Class”. Lets you pass outer world context to it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.