Timeline wont repeat

im having an issue getting my timeline to repeat properly. im using this blueprint to move seat to seat in a car using a timeline. i had it working with just setting the actor location and having the player teleport around so i know the location values and the way it calls itself works. what is not working is that now that i have the timeline in, i am able to move once properly and then it stops working when i try to move again. any information or ideas would be super helpful!

Hey @hotspur2xx1! Welcome to the forums!

So what do you mean by “Stops working”? Could you give a more detailed rundown of actions and reactions?
Is it working all the way through then when you hit the button again nothing happens? Does it teleport you, skipping to the end of the timeline? Does it put you at the original starting point? If you’re moving seat to seat, I assume this blueprint is on each SEAT, are the connections to the “Event Interact” passing to the specific seat or just one seat?

Let us know what you figure out! :slight_smile:

You have to save the character’s Location before the timeline. Right click the Return Value of Get Actor Location → Promote to Variable → Connect the newly created Set Variable node in-between Cast to Player Character and Play From Start

that worked perfectly thank you! i know it had something to do with the way it was tracking my position i just had no idea how to adjust it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.